City Considers Short Term Rental Changes
The City of Bend is proposing amendments to Bend Development Code regarding Short Term Rentals (STR). The amendments would increase the separation distance from 250 feet to 500 feet between STR properties in residential zones outside of the Old Mill District for any new STRs. An exemption would also be added to allow an owner to enter into a long-term lease of 12 months or greater without losing their STR permit. The Planning Commission and City Council will hold a series of meetings to consider these changes.
These meetings will be conducted in person in City Hall Council Chambers at 710 NW Wall Street and virtually (attendance instructions will be posted on the Planning Commission agenda prior to the meetings).
- Planning Commission Work Session: Monday August 22, 5:30pm
- Planning Commission Hearing: Monday September 12, 5:30pm
These meetings will be conducted in person in City Hall Council Chambers at 710 NW Wall Street and virtually (attendance instructions will be posted on the Council agenda prior to the meetings).
- Council Work Session: Wednesday September 21, 5:00pm
- Council First Reading: Wednesday October 5, 5:00pm
- Council Second Reading: Wednesday October 19, 5:00pm